One flooring style that is sure to add warmth, comfort, and style to your Spring Valley home is wall-to-wall carpeting. Not only is carpet extremely versatile, but it is also practical and affordable. It is no surprise that carpet is one of the most classic choices for home flooring! Before picking the material for your next carpeting project, it is always good to look at the pros and cons. Let us take you through what you need to know about wall-to wall carpet in Spring Valley.
Benefits of Wall-to-Wall Carpeting
- Uniform look. Full room installation makes your room feel whole and creates a uniform look. You don’t have to worry about matching a bold area rug to your hardwood or existing features. Carpet comes in a wide variety of neutral and warm colors that can work in any room.
- Complete comfort. There is nothing like the feeling of walking barefoot on soft carpet. You won’t be able to wait to get home and kick off your shoes. Wall-to-wall carpet is perfect for bedrooms where you want to feel cozy and comfortable at all points of the day.
- Warmth and insulation. In winter months, carpet will help insulate your home and keep you warm. It will also insulate against noise and help keep your home quiet. As hard flooring materials age, they develop irritating creaks and weak points. Carpet will help you avoid any noisy steps through the years.
Disadvantages of Wall-to-Wall Carpeting
- Annual cleaning. Weekly maintenance of carpets only includes vacuuming and the occasional spot-treatment to protect from spills staining the floor. However, we do recommend annual deep cleaning for any carpet style. With wall-to-wall carpet, this means you’ll have to move furniture yearly, which can often be a tough task.
- Discoloration. Some carpet varieties are more prone to sun bleaching than others. If you don’t move your furniture around, you’ll develop discolored spots in the areas that don’t receive as much sun. If you don’t tend to rearrange furniture, this won’t be a big problem, but it is still something to consider.
- Damage control. Wall-to-wall carpeting is often rolled out in large, padded sections. If you acquire a large stain that won’t come out, the only way to get rid of the stain is to replace the affected area of carpet. Unlike carpet squares or tiles, this means removing a large amount of carpet and replacing it with a new roll. Depending on how long you have had your carpet for, there can be an obvious color distinction between the new and old, which won’t look as good.
To get more information about wall-to-wall carpeting, contact Floor Coverings International Spring Branch Houston, TX. We provide endless carpeting options and proudly serve the Spring Branch, Spring Valley, Jersey Village area. Schedule a free in-home consultation today!
Browse these potential wall-to-wall carpet materials: